Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MTO MTO is offline

Default Can I convert WP10 macros into Word 2007 macros somehow?

Is there a way in Word 2007 to convert WordPerfect 10 macros to Word 2007
macros? That would certainly make my next few months easier!

Also, since I have been a WordPerfect user since WP 4.2 for DOS, I
appreciate any helpful advice to make the move to Word 2007. Any links would
be appreciated. I have already found a couple that were helpful and
encouraging. It is a daunting task! And one that I have put off for at
least three years now...
--
Sherry at MTO
Using Word 2007 on Windows XP Home SP3
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Much of what is accomplished with "macros" in WordPerfect can be done with
AutoCorrect or AutoText in Word; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"MTO" wrote in message
Is there a way in Word 2007 to convert WordPerfect 10 macros to Word 2007
macros? That would certainly make my next few months easier!

Also, since I have been a WordPerfect user since WP 4.2 for DOS, I
appreciate any helpful advice to make the move to Word 2007. Any links
would
be appreciated. I have already found a couple that were helpful and
encouraging. It is a daunting task! And one that I have put off for at
least three years now...
--
Sherry at MTO
Using Word 2007 on Windows XP Home SP3

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Let me take the second point first. If you haven't already, read
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...ordPerfect.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RevealCodes.htm.

There are two main classes of macros in WordPerfect.

- The kind of macro that behaves like a robot typist driving the
keyboard, while it can be imitated in Word, isn't worth doing.
Instead, use Word's AutoCorrect and Building Blocks features. Read
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...utoCorrect.htm and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm, and maybe
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_B...&_AutoText.htm. If
you have the kind of macro that pauses for keyboard input and then
continues, Word doesn't do that; instead, use fields or content
controls saved into building blocks.

- The kind of macro that reformats text, or does replacements or other
manipulations, has to be manually rewritten. Because the macro
language (Visual Basic for Applications, or VBA) is intended to work
with objects and collections rather than mimicking a human operator,
the concepts are very different even when you're trying to achieve the
same result. For good advice, visit the VBA Beginners forum
(http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...a.beginner s).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:26:01 -0700, MTO
wrote:

Is there a way in Word 2007 to convert WordPerfect 10 macros to Word 2007
macros? That would certainly make my next few months easier!

Also, since I have been a WordPerfect user since WP 4.2 for DOS, I
appreciate any helpful advice to make the move to Word 2007. Any links would
be appreciated. I have already found a couple that were helpful and
encouraging. It is a daunting task! And one that I have put off for at
least three years now...
--
Sherry at MTO
Using Word 2007 on Windows XP Home SP3

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Deducing (not sure if that is a word) from your original post, I believe
that you should be developing some templates in which you have userforms.
In a response in the thread to your original post there are some links to
websites that will show you how to go about that.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.