MD

Default Track Changes in a finished document.

I have documents that go through several hands making changes, when all
engineers are satisfied, it gets sent to the client. This looks bad when we
have trouble getting the document to email without all the markkups showing.
There must be an easy way to get these mark-ups off the doucment once and for
all. They are easy to lose on my own computer, but when you send them on
electronically they just reappear.

Daiya Mitchell

NO, do not do that. That just hides the tracked changes, but they are still
there. To eliminate them from the document, you need to Accept all the
Changes.

See this page so that you understand how Track Changes works.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html
Especially the "how to remove" section.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

This just hides the changes. If recipients have the Tools | Options |
Security option to "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving"
enabled (as it is by default), then they will see the markup. The only way
to assure that they do NOT see markup is to turn Track Changes off and
Accept All Changes in Document and Delete All Comments in Document. If you
want to retain the markup for later use, you can do this in a copy of the
document.

"MD" wrote:

I have documents that go through several hands making changes, when all
engineers are satisfied, it gets sent to the client. This looks bad

when we
have trouble getting the document to email without all the markkups

showing.
There must be an easy way to get these mark-ups off the doucment once

and for
all. They are easy to lose on my own computer, but when you send them

on
electronically they just reappear.

Document Won't Accept or Reject Changes Becky Carter Hickman-Jones Formatting Long Documents 6 April 23rd 23 02:52 PM
Opening a document in a protected form CheeryNan Microsoft Word Help 5 August 1st 22 07:34 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Can you save individual document pages as seperate word files? John Calligy Mailmerge 2 April 12th 05 09:14 AM
Document object in protected form Bruce Tables 2 December 6th 04 08:09 PM