Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cuda

Default copy and paste from floppy word doc to email

I am trying to copy and paste from a word doc on a floppy and paste to an
email. When I use the right click to select copy/paste it does not let me
select it. How do I do it?.....Help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier

Have you tried the keyboard commands? CTRL+C to Copy & CTRL+V to
Paste? Often times they are available when right-click menus
don't display them.

Let us know if that worked. If it does not, please describe
where you are when you CTRL+C and where you are when you CTRL+V

Thanks.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"cuda" wrote in message
I am trying to copy and paste from a word doc on a floppy and
paste to an
email. When I use the right click to select copy/paste it does
not let me
select it. How do I do it?.....Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:33:05 -0800, "cuda"
wrote:

I am trying to copy and paste from a word doc on a floppy and paste to an
email. When I use the right click to select copy/paste it does not let me
select it. How do I do it?.....Help

Select first, and THEN right-click and copy. For even surer results,
copy to your hard drive, and then copy from hard drive to email. HTH

Blessed be, for sure...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

If you want to be able to use your documents, when working within Word, act
as if your floppy drive does not exist! (This applies to CDRW/CDR drives as
well.)
Don't use Word to:
Open a document on a floppy
Print a document on a floppy
Edit a document on a floppy
Save a document to a floppy (not even a copy)

Word regularly trashes documents on floppy drives!

Instead, work on the document using your hard drive. Copy it back and forth
using Windows.

I know that for some with shared computers (libraries, schools) this is a
tough prescription. All I can recommend for that is to use a brand new
formatted disk each time you save and don't do any editing.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.