Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Louisa

Default Content gone, replaced with squares - please help!

I just opened a word document of mine and now it's 131 pages (used to be 5)
and filled with symbols like squares. only about 5% of the original content
is still there, and for some strange reason, content from OTHER word
documents have been put into this file.

I really need help with this as this document is for an exam I have on Monday!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

It sounds like something stomped the crap out of your document. (That's the
less than technical terminology.) I doubt very much if there's anything that
anyone can do. I assume you don't have your system set up to create a backup
file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Louisa" wrote in message
I just opened a word document of mine and now it's 131 pages (used to be 5)
and filled with symbols like squares. only about 5% of the original
content
is still there, and for some strange reason, content from OTHER word
documents have been put into this file.

I really need help with this as this document is for an exam I have on
Monday!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Louisa

Oh dear. =/
I'm pretty sure there's backups set up on my comp, but I searched though all
the backup files saved and none was this particular one.

"Louisa" wrote in message
I just opened a word document of mine and now it's 131 pages (used to be 5)
and filled with symbols like squares. only about 5% of the original
content
is still there, and for some strange reason, content from OTHER word
documents have been put into this file.

I really need help with this as this document is for an exam I have on
Monday!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I'd suggest you either find someone else who has that document or start
recreating it. Time's awasting.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]