Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kiwi Harry

Default Unable to create or adjust top and bottom margins

I have Word 2003 and have been using it for the past 4 months. Since
yesterday I have been having problems setting or adjusting top and bottom
margins.

Whenever I create a new document, either blank or from an existing template,
the document has no top or bottom margin. The ruler shows a left and right
margin but no margins are shown for the top and bottom margins. In the Page
Set-up menu, the top and bottom margins are shown as being set at 2.5cm. I've
changed these 2 figures to well over 10cm, but still it makes no difference.
Any changes to the values to the left/right margins are reflected in the
document.

The problem seems to only affect new documents or creating a document from a
template. If I open an existing document, then margins appear as normal and
are able to be changed.

I've tried opening an existing document, with margins showing as per normal,
then deleting all the text and then saving that as a template file. Creating
a document from that template file reproduces the problem.

I've tried the Detect and Repair option in the Help menu, but that hasn't
fixed the problem.

Any ideas anybody?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kiwi Harry

Hi Graham.

That's fixed my problem. Thank you very much.

Regards
Harry