Jann

Default Right side indent

I'm using lengthy quotes which must be separated from
the main text and indented on both sides. Since the
document is formatted, do I have to change the margins
for every paragraph or is there an easier way? Thank you.
Word Heretic

G'day "Jann" ,

Create a style with indents on both left and right - I think Word's
Block Text style defaults to this...

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Jann reckoned:

I'm using lengthy quotes which must be separated from
the main text and indented on both sides. Since the
document is formatted, do I have to change the margins
for every paragraph or is there an easier way? Thank you.

In Word you don't change the margins (which are a section property) but the
indents, which are a paragraph property. As Steve points out, the Block Text
style already has left and right indents, though you may want to change them
since 1" is (IMO) excessive.

"Jann" wrote in message
I'm using lengthy quotes which must be separated from
the main text and indented on both sides. Since the
document is formatted, do I have to change the margins
for every paragraph or is there an easier way? Thank you.

Word Heretic

G'day "Suzanne S. Barnhill" ,

Yar, I think 0.5" looks much nicer myself :-)

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Suzanne S. Barnhill reckoned:

In Word you don't change the margins (which are a section property) but the
indents, which are a paragraph property. As Steve points out, the Block Text
style already has left and right indents, though you may want to change them
since 1" is (IMO) excessive.

Daiya Mitchell

I believe 1 inch was required of me. The tricky part of my BlockQuotation
style was figuring out how much space before and space after to get equal
spacing when I double-spaced the whole doc.

Daiya

Yar, I think 0.5" looks much nicer myself :-)

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

In Word you don't change the margins (which are a section property) but the
indents, which are a paragraph property. As Steve points out, the Block Text
style already has left and right indents, though you may want to change them
since 1" is (IMO) excessive.

For Letter-sized pages, 0.5" is probably okay (and IIRC was what was
prescribed in most style manuals), but for books I rarely use more than
0.25" (same as my first-line indent). I sometimes also reduce the font size
by a point or two for block quotes as well.

.. .