Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cliff1959 cliff1959 is offline

Default template for 2nd page

i'm confused, i'm using word 98 and i've created a template.
the second page does not show the template, i thought it would, is there a
way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

If you mean, the body text on page one is not duplicated on subsequent
pages: templates don't work that way.

If you mean, the headers and footers aren't repeated on subsequent pages:
either, set the page layout to clear the 'different first page' checkbox (if
you want the same headers and footers throughout); or, add content to the
template so it runs to a second page, define the subsequent page headers and
footers, then delete the content.

"cliff1959" wrote in message
news
i'm confused, i'm using word 98 and i've created a template.
the second page does not show the template, i thought it would, is there a
way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Jezebel" wrote:

If you mean, the body text on page one is not duplicated on subsequent
pages: templates don't work that way.

If you mean, the headers and footers aren't repeated on subsequent pages:
either, set the page layout to clear the 'different first page' checkbox (if
you want the same headers and footers throughout); or, add content to the
template so it runs to a second page, define the subsequent page headers and
footers, then delete the content.

hi jezebel thanks for the reply.

the headers and footers are repeating ok, what i've done is to set up a
table of six equal areas to help me place pics and captions for an ebook i'm
putting together. the table lines are there for positioning only and are non
printing

the book has about 35 pics and i thought the easiest way would be to set up
a template with the table.

if i understand what you are saying a table would be the same as content
therefore it won't show.

thinking about it in daylight i guess the easiest thing is just to copy and
paste the table onto each page.

is there any easy way to duplicate my grid