blacksaturn

Default I am trying to email a resume to a company what steps do I take ?

I am trying to email my resume to a company . How and what steps do I use?
Stan Brown

In article ,
blacksaturn favored us with...
I am trying to email my resume to a company . How and what steps do I use?

This isn't really a Word question, but here goes.

0. Make sure the company accepts resumes as Word attachments -- some
don't accept them at all, and some accept only plain text.

1. Save your resume and REMEMBER the folder and filename you used.

2. Open your e-mail program and start a new outgoing message.

3. Use your program's "attach" command. (Many programs have a paper
clip to click on. If you don't see one, look in the drop-down menus
for an Attach or Attachment command.)

4. Type your message ("cover letter") normally.

5. In the dialog box that opens, navigate to the folder that contains
your document, select the document, and click "Attach" or "Open" or
"OK" as appropriate.

6. Make sure to put your own e-mail address on the CC line before you
send the mail, so you'll get a copy of what the company sees.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Philip Diller

Convert it to a .pdf file it will be easier for them to receive it and read
it

On 8/31/05 11:58 AM, in article
, "blacksaturn"
wrote:

I am trying to email my resume to a company . How and what steps do I use?

Stan Brown

In article , Philip Diller
favored us with...
Convert it to a .pdf file it will be easier for them to receive it and read
it

Huh????

It'll be bigger, but easier?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Graham Mayor

The size is not so much the issue as the layout. If you want to produce a
formatted document then really PDF is the only approach. Many companies will
reject document attachments out of hand. Some companies reject all
attachments. The surest policy is to enter the information as plain text in
the body of a plain text e-mail, unless an alternative is specifically
requested.

Stan Brown wrote:
In article , Philip Diller
favored us with...
Convert it to a .pdf file it will be easier for them to receive it
and read it

Huh????

It'll be bigger, but easier?

Sending Mail Merge to Email to Multiple Recipients in the Same Mes Mark V Mailmerge 13 April 21st 23 05:06 PM
email merge jpodell Mailmerge 4 June 5th 07 07:53 PM
How do I put company letterhead on computer email stationery? Just Ducky Microsoft Word Help 4 July 5th 05 04:46 PM
Help! I'm getting error messages too much-can't open Resume Wizard LizLB Microsoft Word Help 0 May 3rd 05 01:46 AM
Selecting email client to use with email merge sjmilldr Mailmerge 0 December 17th 04 04:41 PM