lost in the dark

Default I need to make cd labels using memorex labels. How?

Downloaded two programs, neither works with Memorex Labels
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Have you tried downloading a Memorex program?..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"lost in the dark" lost in the wrote in
message ...
Downloaded two programs, neither works with Memorex Labels

Graham Mayor

Hardly a Word issue - but Surething CD label tool will work with Memorex
labels or any other labels for that matter.
Be aware that it is widely reported that labels should not be applied to
DVDs.

lost in the dark wrote:
Downloaded two programs, neither works with Memorex Labels

Gene

I used to put labels on CD's then they started to peel up due to the heat
the player generated. You know what happened next - they got caught up in
the works of the player and jammed it. Player sent out for repair and you
know what happened next - manuf. would not honor warranty. I learned an
expensive lesson. Now I write on them with a marker. I hope that does not
cause problems.

Graham Mayor wrote:
Hardly a Word issue - but Surething CD label tool will work with Memorex
labels or any other labels for that matter.
Be aware that it is widely reported that labels should not be applied to
DVDs.

Downloaded two programs, neither works with Memorex Labels

Graham Mayor

Photoshop works, but Surething is a fraction of the price and much easier to
use.
There is much evidence to suggest that labelling DVD discs causes read
errors - see the DVD newsgroups for the links.
I would not use labels on CD data discs as the very high rotating speeds can
produce sufficient out of balance forces to damage the disc and/or player if
the label is not perfectly centred, and even the best of the applicators
(CDStomper) cannot entirely guarantee such perfect alignment. Labels are
acceptable on CD audio discs intended for use in a free standing player as
there the rotation speeds are within acceptable bounds.
Printing directly on the discs is probably the best approach.
This is way off topic for this group.