Frank Martin

Default How do I put columns in a text box?

We have some very dense text in a text box and so we want to arrange it in
columns for easier reading.

But the cloumns icon is faded out whenever we try to do this.

Is there any other way?

Please help, Frank

Klaus Linke

"Frank Martin" wrote:
We have some very dense text in a text box and so we want to arrange it in
columns for easier reading.

But the cloumns icon is faded out whenever we try to do this.

Is there any other way?

Hi Frank,

Maybe arrange two text boxes next to each other (as columns) and link them?
If you want a border around, you'd likely have to remove the borders from
the text boxes, and put a transparent box on top, though.

Greetings,
Klaus

Frank Martin

Thanks I'll try this too. I am formatting a text box to print a square
piece of paper 12cm x 12cm to contain downloaded Movie reviews.
These will be placed into the back of plastic DVD cases containing my
growing old-movie collection.
It is easier to read fine print when arranged in columns.

"Frank Martin" wrote:
We have some very dense text in a text box and so we want to
arrange it in columns for easier reading.

But the cloumns icon is faded out whenever we try to do this.

Is there any other way?

Hi Frank,

Maybe arrange two text boxes next to each other (as columns) and link
them?
If you want a border around, you'd likely have to remove the borders
from the text boxes, and put a transparent box on top, though.

Greetings,
Klaus

Graham Mayor

You can't have your cake and your ha'penny Whichever way you do it is
going to be a lashup. Another suggestion is to simply make the document
margins give you a suitably sized text space and apply columns to the
document.

"Frank Martin" wrote:
We have some very dense text in a text box and so we want to
arrange it in columns for easier reading.

But the cloumns icon is faded out whenever we try to do this.

Is there any other way?

Hi Frank,

Maybe arrange two text boxes next to each other (as columns) and
link them?
If you want a border around, you'd likely have to remove the
borders from the text boxes, and put a transparent box on top,
though. Greetings,
Klaus

Frank Martin

This sounds good, and I have thought of another way too. I simply double
the area of the text space and then fold once in the middle and insert into
the DVD plastic cover so that them I can read both sides. Iwill try your
margin-adjustment method and I wonder why I didn't think of it before.