Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
trishanita trishanita is offline

Default how do i set up a format to print business cards???

I need to know how to set up and print business cards. I have the card paper
to print them on, but do not know how to set them up.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:07:00 -0700, trishanita
wrote:

I need to know how to set up and print business cards. I have the card paper
to print them on, but do not know how to set them up.

If you have Publisher, it handles business cards more easily than Word does. If
you don't have it, and don't want to download a trial version of it, read on.

Word treats business cards as a type of label. The paper you bought should have
a product number; if it isn't an Avery product, it may indicate that it's
equivalent to some Avery product. The Options button in the Labels dialog leads
to a box where you can choose the manufacturer and product number, which tells
Word the correct size and spacing for the cards.

In the Labels dialog, leave the Address box blank and click the New Document
button. That will give you a table, sized to the cards, where you can insert the
text you want. Copy the first card's text, select the table, and paste to fill
all the cells with the same text.

If you want to add some graphic element to your cards, see
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm for instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman