Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LKnussman

Default Why is my document automatically switching to "read only"

For the past few weeks when I open a document (any document) and work with
it...after a few minutes it will change to read only on its own so that when
I got to save it (which I do frequently) it will force me to save it under a
different name. I get around it by saving it with a 1 or something at the
end of the name, delete the prior version and re-name it but that is a pain.
I know how to actually change the document to read only but I'm not sure how
it is doing it on its own??? Am I crazy?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Any chance you are working with documents on a CD or copied from a CD?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"LKnussman" wrote in message
For the past few weeks when I open a document (any document) and work with
it...after a few minutes it will change to read only on its own so that
when
I got to save it (which I do frequently) it will force me to save it under
different name. I get around it by saving it with a 1 or something at the
end of the name, delete the prior version and re-name it but that is a
pain.
I know how to actually change the document to read only but I'm not sure
how
it is doing it on its own??? Am I crazy?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trayl

i am having the same problem. no-one else is in the document but when
certain users are in a document it changes to read-only when they try to save
it