Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD JD is offline

Default MISSING FILE CAGEGORY

I previously sent a question stating that the file command was missing off of
my MS Word 2003 toolbar. I received several responses, but none helped.
They all directed me to a page to restore commands. I still am unable to add
the FILE but it is not the command, it is the File category that normally
would appear as the first category when word is opened. Any new suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

JD wrote:
I previously sent a question stating that the file command was
missing off of my MS Word 2003 toolbar. I received several
commands. I still am unable to add the FILE but it is not the
command, it is the File category that normally would appear as the
first category when word is opened. Any new suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Many users have reported losing commands from their menu bar. Try these
fixes (in order):

1. Open Tools | Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select Menu Bar and press
Reset.

2. If that doesn't work, switch to the Commands tab and select Built-in
Menus in the Categories list. In the Commands list, select the appropriate
menu and drag it to the menu bar.

3. If that doesn't work (or the problem recurs on restarting Word), see
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm

"JD" wrote in message
I previously sent a question stating that the file command was missing off

of
my MS Word 2003 toolbar. I received several responses, but none helped.
They all directed me to a page to restore commands. I still am unable to

add
the FILE but it is not the command, it is the File category that normally
would appear as the first category when word is opened. Any new

suggestions.

C# MailMerge from Excel Chris Mailmerge 9 August 3rd 06 02:57 PM
I am missing my Toolbar: File, Edit, View, Favorites, etc. Sojogab Microsoft Word Help 3 January 18th 06 12:08 PM
supposedly am missing a file "Oops" anyone know anything? mary weil Microsoft Word Help 1 December 31st 05 12:59 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
How do I find a missing file, w2561411.cab. Caboman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 6th 05 02:58 PM