lloydkirk lloydkirk is offline
Junior Member

Default Advanced Search & Replace

I have a very large document (150 pages). On each page there is a header that contains, among other things the following: "Version *.*.*", where the stars could be any combination of numbers, say "Version 1.2.3" or "Version 3.5.7", etc. What I would like to do is do a global search and replace each such instance with the following "Version 0.0.0" Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Hodgson Steve Hodgson is offline

In article , lloydkirk
wrote:

I have a very large document (150 pages). On each page there is a
header that contains, among other things the following: "Version *.*.*",
where the stars could be any combination of numbers, say "Version 1.2.3"
or "Version 3.5.7", etc. What I would like to do is do a global search
and replace each such instance with the following "Version 0.0.0" Any
ideas?
Thanks in advance.

As long as the version only includes single digits the following 'Find
what' string works:

^#.^#.^#

The sequence '^#' represents Any Digit and can be inserted from the
'Special' list in advanced searches.

Hope this helps.

--
Cheers,