Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa.Chien Lisa.Chien is offline

Default Word 2003 - change cm to inches

I have seen how you change the metric ruler to inches for 2007, but
how do you do it for word 2003? The default language is also not
English so how do I change that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Prior to Word 2007
Tools Options General Measurement Units

Word 2007
Office button Word Options Advanced Display Show measurements in
units of

or if that doesn't fix it, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

The default language is determined by Windows regional settings.

Lisa.Chien wrote:
I have seen how you change the metric ruler to inches for 2007, but
how do you do it for word 2003? The default language is also not
English so how do I change that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] john.rippin1@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, 1 May 2008 10:15:57 UTC+1, Lisa.Chien wrote:
I have seen how you change the metric ruler to inches for 2007, but
how do you do it for word 2003? The default language is also not
English so how do I change that?

Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To change the unit of measurement, look for the "Show measurements in units
of" option at File tab | Options | Advanced (Word 2010/2013). In Word 2007,
click Office button | Word Options | Advanced. In older versions, Tools |
Options.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP