Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Laura is offline

Default IncludeText fields

I'm not quite sure how to use the IncludeText fields. (and im getting quite
frustrated!)
What i want to do is simple...
I have many documents that have a policy code in their headers. These are
version codes and change often. I have another document that is a log of all
the other documents and it includes their codes.
Heres what i want to do:
When I edit a document, i must change the version code. So i can simply
change it in the header of the document. But, on the document log file, the
old version code will remain unless i change it manually. I want to be able
to change both version codes at the same time. Ive tried to use an include
text field, and have done this, but when i change the last number of the code
and click for the field to be updated, the last number simply disappears.
I need step by step instructions on everything i need to do to make this
work.
Thanks a lot!!!

INCLUDETEXT fields and bookmarks [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 February 27th 06 08:44 PM
IncludeText Fields stacyo New Users 0 October 5th 05 09:39 PM
IncludeText fields Jeff Mailmerge 4 September 29th 05 10:52 PM
ASK and FILLIN fields in INCLUDETEXT documents do not merge correc ChrisM Mailmerge 3 April 12th 05 04:05 AM
IncludeText gives Error! Not a valid filename on 'refresh' Lynn Allan Formatting Long Documents 2 March 9th 05 04:10 AM