Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Arnett Bob Arnett is offline

Default envelope requests two paper types

I downloaded a template from the Miscrosoft website for a #10 Envelope. When
I go to print it, however, it seems to send two requests to my printer for
two different paper types; "envelope" and "cover". I've checked all the
settings that I can find in Page Layout and everything looks ok. The source
is the "Multi-Paper Feed" and the paper type is "envelope". Any idea where it
would be getting the bad information that it needs "cover" paper?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you use "Add to document" to get an envelope, you get an envelope
attached to a "letter." Perhaps this is what is going on here? Which
template is it? Can you provide an URL?

http://word.mvps.org

"Bob Arnett" wrote in message
I downloaded a template from the Miscrosoft website for a #10 Envelope.
When
I go to print it, however, it seems to send two requests to my printer for
two different paper types; "envelope" and "cover". I've checked all the
settings that I can find in Page Layout and everything looks ok. The
source
is the "Multi-Paper Feed" and the paper type is "envelope". Any idea where
it
would be getting the bad information that it needs "cover" paper?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Arnett Bob Arnett is offline

Clicking on "New Document" and then selecting "Search Microsoft Online for a
template", I type in "envelope" and select the "Envelope Size 10" and while
it doesn't give an URL, it does say provided by "Ken Watts."

"Bob Arnett" wrote in message
I downloaded a template from the Miscrosoft website for a #10 Envelope.
When
I go to print it, however, it seems to send two requests to my printer for
two different paper types; "envelope" and "cover". I've checked all the
settings that I can find in Page Layout and everything looks ok. The
source
is the "Multi-Paper Feed" and the paper type is "envelope". Any idea where
it
would be getting the bad information that it needs "cover" paper?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Okay, I've looked at it. Aside from its offering absolutely nothing to
recommend it over just selecting a #10 envelope in the Envelopes dialog (and
using only Normal style, not to mention one totally unnecessary text box), I
don't see anything wrong with it--certainly nothing that would cause it to
ask for two kinds of paper. Both "First page" and "Other pages" are set to
"Default tray (Auto Select)," which shouldn't cause any problem.

http://word.mvps.org