Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
plymouthfinn plymouthfinn is offline

Default how to make "Avery" 8376 business cards on office 2007

I'm unable to figure out how to make Avery brand business card on my new
office 2007 software program.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On the Mailings tab, chose Labels in the Create group. Click Options, select
Avery US Letter, scroll down to 8376, and click OK. Then click New Document
to get a sheet of the labels, which is a little easier to deal with than
trying to create a business card in the Labels dialog. When you have created
one business card (in the first table cell), copy it, select the entire
table, and paste.

FWIW, if you have Publisher, it is far superior for creating business cards.

"plymouthfinn" wrote in message
news
I'm unable to figure out how to make Avery brand business card on my new
office 2007 software program.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 26 May 2008 12:05:03 -0700, plymouthfinn
wrote:

I'm unable to figure out how to make Avery brand business card on my new
office 2007 software program.

Word (any version) treats business cards as a specific type of labels. Although
the location of the starting point is different in 2007, the rest of the process
is the same as always.

Click the Mailings tab of the ribbon, and click the Labels button at the left
end. The dialog that opens is nearly the same as in previous versions.

Click the Options button (or the picture in the Label section) to open the next
dialog. Select "Page printers", "Avery US Letter", and product number 8376.
(Note that the numbers are sorted alphanumerically and not numerically, so some
5-digit numbers appear before the 4-digit numbers that start with the same
digit.)

Click OK and then click New Document. The resulting document contains a table --
if you don't see the cells, click Table Tools Layout View Gridlines. Build
your card in the first cell; then copy the cell, select the whole table, and
paste to fill the other cells.

Also have a look at http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm.

--
Regards,