Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeB[_2_] MikeB[_2_] is offline

Default Giving label merge document to someone else?

I created this nifty little program that uses an excel spreadsheet and
a Word document with label merge to print out drawing cards for my
chess club. It will soon be time to move on and I'd like to hand this
over to the lady that will continue the chess club after me. Now how
can I give her the document and the spreadsheet so that she can manage
the club?

In my computer both htese files are in the same folder. If I just send
her the two files and she puts them in the same folder, sill it
continue to work?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Probably that will work, but without seeing the underlying code or
methodology you used to create this, it is totally impossible to provide a
definitive answer. Send them off and get her to test it.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"MikeB" wrote in message
I created this nifty little program that uses an excel spreadsheet and
a Word document with label merge to print out drawing cards for my
chess club. It will soon be time to move on and I'd like to hand this
over to the lady that will continue the chess club after me. Now how
can I give her the document and the spreadsheet so that she can manage
the club?

In my computer both htese files are in the same folder. If I just send
her the two files and she puts them in the same folder, sill it
continue to work?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If it's just a simple mail merge using an Excel data source, it won't really
matter where she puts the files, but she'll need to reconnect to the data
source the first time she runs the merge.

http://word.mvps.org

"MikeB" wrote in message
I created this nifty little program that uses an excel spreadsheet and
a Word document with label merge to print out drawing cards for my
chess club. It will soon be time to move on and I'd like to hand this
over to the lady that will continue the chess club after me. Now how
can I give her the document and the spreadsheet so that she can manage
the club?

In my computer both htese files are in the same folder. If I just send
her the two files and she puts them in the same folder, sill it
continue to work?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When she opens the mailmerge main document, if the data source is not
automatically attached to it, she will see a dialog that contains a button
allowing her to locate the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.