Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Roger[_6_] Roger[_6_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Problem updating REF fields

I am reposting this since I have had no reply. I need help, please, with an
error message that I keep getting.
I am using Word2003 on XP and have read as much as I can on the error
"Reference source not found", but still have the problem. My form has a
number of ASK statements followed by REF fields throughout. For one field
(for example the dossier number) there is an ASK field to get the number and
then there are a number of {REF dossier} fields inserted in the document.
Where the fields are in a text
box they update just fine, but where the fields are in the document itself I
keep getting the error message.

I have added an autoNew macro

Dim oStory As Range
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
oStory.Fields.Update
If oStory.StoryType wdMainTextStory Then
While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange
oStory.Fields.Update
Wend
End If
Next oStory
Set oStory = Nothing
End Sub

In print view all is filled in correctly, but when the form is being
filled-in via the ASK and REF fields all you can see is the error messages
and not the input data. I have tried adding /d" " but that also
doesn't seem to help! How can I get rid of the error message, please?

Thanks .. Roger


  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson Peter Jamieson is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,582
Default Problem updating REF fields

Roger,

I do not know if I can solve your problem, but if you feel able to email
your current .doc/.dot to me, I can at least have a look at it. Despam
my email - pjj att pjjnet dott demon dott co dott uk

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 30/04/2010 19:37, Roger wrote:
I am reposting this since I have had no reply. I need help, please, with an
error message that I keep getting.
I am using Word2003 on XP and have read as much as I can on the error
"Reference source not found", but still have the problem. My form has a
number of ASK statements followed by REF fields throughout. For one field
(for example the dossier number) there is an ASK field to get the number and
then there are a number of {REF dossier} fields inserted in the document.
Where the fields are in a text
box they update just fine, but where the fields are in the document itself I
keep getting the error message.

I have added an autoNew macro

Dim oStory As Range
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
oStory.Fields.Update
If oStory.StoryType wdMainTextStory Then
While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange
oStory.Fields.Update
Wend
End If
Next oStory
Set oStory = Nothing
End Sub

In print view all is filled in correctly, but when the form is being
filled-in via the ASK and REF fields all you can see is the error messages
and not the input data. I have tried adding /d" " but that also
doesn't seem to help! How can I get rid of the error message, please?

Thanks .. Roger


  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Roger[_6_] Roger[_6_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Problem updating REF fields .. THANKS

Peter

many thanks. It looks like the problem was indeed in the AutoNew macro. I
have made the change to the french version of the same document you saw (in
dutch) and that also now works just fine. Thanks for your help

Roger
"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
.. .
Roger,

I do not know if I can solve your problem, but if you feel able to email
your current .doc/.dot to me, I can at least have a look at it. Despam my
email - pjj att pjjnet dott demon dott co dott uk

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 30/04/2010 19:37, Roger wrote:
I am reposting this since I have had no reply. I need help, please, with
an
error message that I keep getting.
I am using Word2003 on XP and have read as much as I can on the error
"Reference source not found", but still have the problem. My form has a
number of ASK statements followed by REF fields throughout. For one field
(for example the dossier number) there is an ASK field to get the number
and
then there are a number of {REF dossier} fields inserted in the document.
Where the fields are in a text
box they update just fine, but where the fields are in the document
itself I
keep getting the error message.

I have added an autoNew macro

Dim oStory As Range
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
oStory.Fields.Update
If oStory.StoryType wdMainTextStory Then
While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange
oStory.Fields.Update
Wend
End If
Next oStory
Set oStory = Nothing
End Sub

In print view all is filled in correctly, but when the form is being
filled-in via the ASK and REF fields all you can see is the error
messages
and not the input data. I have tried adding /d" " but that also
doesn't seem to help! How can I get rid of the error message, please?

Thanks .. Roger




Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Updating fields in Word Mac Microsoft Word Help 1 April 10th 09 06:45 AM
Updating fields domyrat Microsoft Word Help 1 December 17th 08 12:34 PM
Updating fields Connie Martin Microsoft Word Help 4 January 21st 08 08:31 PM
Updating Caption Fields Steve Microsoft Word Help 0 February 14th 07 09:11 PM
Updating TOC fields John in Riverbank Microsoft Word Help 3 September 1st 06 08:22 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:02 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"