Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paula 4S Paula 4S is offline

Default Display a calculated value based on an IF condition

I hope somebody can help me as the Microsoft Help system seems bizarrely
lacking!

All I'm trying to do is display the result of a formula in a field if the
value in another field is not 0. Having looked at all the Help examples I
came up with something like the following:

{ IF (F3 0) "{ = SUM(F5, F6, F8) } " "0" }

I've tried a variety of combinations with ever simpler formulas. Even in
desperation to make something work:
{IF (3 0) "{ =(4 + 5) }" "0"}

but all that ever happens is the string text between the first set of quotes
is displayed as it is ie { = (4 + 5) } . I just cannot get Word to recognise
that the second set of braces represents a formula within the IF formula
event though this is how the examples in the Help system seem to do it.

Please help!
Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paula 4S Paula 4S is offline

Ctrl + F9? Why wasn't that mentioned in any of the help topics?

You're a star!

Thanks a billion!
Paula

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Paula,

Try:
{IF{=F3} 0 {=SUM(F5, F6, F8)} 0}
where all the field braces are entered via Ctrl-F9.

For more information on field calculations in Word, check out my Word Field
Maths 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

Cheers

--