Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Betsy Betsy is offline

Default how do I change a row height from at least to exact

In a table I have several rows that are set to "at least" for height. I need
to create a blank table that mirrors the first. If I delete the text, the
row height changes.

How do you set the row height in a table to exactly as it is with text typed
in the box, so when you delete the text, the row will remain the exact same
height?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Betsy,

Select the affected rows, then use:
.. Table|Table Properties|Row,
.. check the 'specify height' box,
.. set the height to the required dimensions and
.. choose 'Exactly' from the 'Row height is' drop-down.
If all rows are to be the same height, you can select the whole table.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Betsy" wrote in message
In a table I have several rows that are set to "at least" for height. I

need
to create a blank table that mirrors the first. If I delete the text, the
row height changes.

How do you set the row height in a table to exactly as it is with text

typed
in the box, so when you delete the text, the row will remain the exact

same
height?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I don't think you can do it without code - and even then I'm not sure it's
easy. Word doesn't give out the actual height of variable height cells so
you'd have to try to calculate it from the vertical position of text on the
page.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Betsy" wrote in message
In a table I have several rows that are set to "at least" for height. I

need
to create a blank table that mirrors the first. If I delete the text, the
row height changes.

How do you set the row height in a table to exactly as it is with text

typed
in the box, so when you delete the text, the row will remain the exact

same
height?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi Tony

Tony Jollans wrote:
I don't think you can do it without code - and even then I'm not sure it's
easy. Word doesn't give out the actual height of variable height cells so
you'd have to try to calculate it from the vertical position of text on the
page.

Or from leading and spacing before/after of the text paragraph(s), and
internal margins in the table cell? Not easy, in any case, I presume.

2cents
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

A trivial solution would be to make a copy of the table and format its
text in white color. That way, the height of rows would be the same as
in the original table. Of course, whether this is useful depends on
how you intend to use the copy.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Betsy" wrote in message
In a table I have several rows that are set to "at least" for
height. I need
to create a blank table that mirrors the first. If I delete the
text, the
row height changes.

How do you set the row height in a table to exactly as it is with
text typed
in the box, so when you delete the text, the row will remain the
exact same
height?

Two Word behaviors I'd like to change if possible Tim New Users 6 February 9th 06 03:22 PM
Exact height as DEFAULT? Tables 1 February 6th 06 08:17 AM
Dragging a row to change height Suzan Cresto Tables 1 December 7th 05 05:16 AM
Revision tracking by reason EdGabb Microsoft Word Help 10 March 22nd 05 03:25 AM
Gobally Modify Table Row Height Walter Wood Tables 4 March 11th 05 12:29 PM