Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
janell81002 janell81002 is offline

Default Copying Excel Tables Into Word

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way when pasting an Excel table into
Word (as a nested table) to carryover the tab settings from Excel. I have
several lines of text with different tab settings in my Excel table, yet when
I paste it into Word, the text all aligns left and I have to manually enter
the tab settings after pasting. Any ideas? Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RichN RichN is offline

Not sure I understand your terminology. To my knowledge there are no tab
settings in Excel.

Are you familiar with the Data, Text to Columns command in Excel? This
might allow you to split up your cells in Excel without too much work.

On the Word side, you could write a macro - set up the tab, then tab the
text. Use it on all the paragraphs that you want that tab setting for. Then
change the macro to the new tab setting.

Just a couple of ideas - HTH.

Rich

"janell81002" wrote:

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way when pasting an Excel table into
Word (as a nested table) to carryover the tab settings from Excel. I have
several lines of text with different tab settings in my Excel table, yet when
I paste it into Word, the text all aligns left and I have to manually enter
the tab settings after pasting. Any ideas? Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
janell81002 janell81002 is offline

Thanks RichN. Sorry about my wording! I have indents set-up in my Excel table
which I was hoping would translate to tabs in Word. I'm assuming there is no
way around this, at least not when I don't want to paste the Excel table into
Word as a picture (I want to be able to modify the data in the Word table
later). So I'll work on trying to create a macro in Word. Thanks so much for
your help!