Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SRJ SRJ is offline

Default I can't get the table cell to split at the page break in Word.

The cell runs off the page because it is bigger than the page. The table is
only breaking between cell not in the middle. In cell properties, allow
breaks is enabled. Document is a mess. It may be related to the font. I am
using an Arial font that's set up for Japanese. I'm reaching.

Your help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

How about the formatting of the paragraphs in the cell. Are they all
formatted to be kept with next?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"srj" wrote in message
The cell runs off the page because it is bigger than the page. The table
is
only breaking between cell not in the middle. In cell properties, allow
breaks is enabled. Document is a mess. It may be related to the font. I
am
using an Arial font that's set up for Japanese. I'm reaching.

Your help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Keep with next" has no effect within cells in tables, only between rows. If
you allow a row to break, Word can break it anywhere. This is necessary
because paragraph breaks may be in different places in adjacent cells on the
same row.

"srj" wrote in message
The cell runs off the page because it is bigger than the page. The

table
is
only breaking between cell not in the middle. In cell properties, allow
breaks is enabled. Document is a mess. It may be related to the font.

am
using an Arial font that's set up for Japanese. I'm reaching.

Your help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SRJ SRJ is offline

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it didn't address the problem. I tried
formating the paragraphs on the page, but it had no effect. Besides the
whole cell is in bulleted form so it should have allowed breaks before. I
still have 26 line below the page break. I don't know how to address the
problem. Thanks for your help.

"srj" wrote in message
The cell runs off the page because it is bigger than the page. The table
is
only breaking between cell not in the middle. In cell properties, allow
breaks is enabled. Document is a mess. It may be related to the font. I
am
using an Arial font that's set up for Japanese. I'm reaching.

Your help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If your table is extending below the bottom margin, then I assure you it is
wrapped. Go to the Table tab of Table | Properties and select None for "Text
wrapping." If this is an older version of Word (pre-Word 2000), then a
wrapped table will be represented as being in a frame, and you will need to
remove the frame.

"srj" wrote in message
The cell runs off the page because it is bigger than the page. The

table
is
only breaking between cell not in the middle. In cell properties,

allow
breaks is enabled. Document is a mess. It may be related to the

font. I
am
using an Arial font that's set up for Japanese. I'm reaching.

Your help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DSG Boss DSG Boss is offline

Additionally, if I am understanding you correctly, you have one big cell (or
row) that is occupying an entire page -- Word will perform better if you
break this cell down into individual rows -- we see it all the time in this
troubleshooting department, and this is the fix we use.