Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ann Scharpf Ann Scharpf is offline

Default Did Word 2007 fix the buggy "features" of table styles?

Hi,

I am creating templates that will be used by a number of people in my
office. Rather than using macros (which require knowledge and conscious
effort on the part of every user who works in the documents), I'd like to use
table styles so everyone's documents will automatically have the same
appearance.

We don't have Office 2007 yet, but it is being rolled out in the next
quarter. (YES! I work at a federal government facility. In 2010, we will
get 2007 just as the rest of the world starts using Office 2010...) I'm
wondering if some of the weird things were fixed in 2010 ... Like:

- The inability to assign a 10 point font to a table style

- The inability to have the table actually USE the paragraph formatting that
you think you are setting in the dialog boxes

- Having the table default to whatever style the paragraph is when you do
the insert table function

I've poked around the internet a bit but I'm not seeing this question
answered. I'd appreciate any input from you folks who have already
implemented Office 2007. Thanks a lot!

Ann
--
Ann Scharpf