Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mehere mehere is offline

Default hourglass icon

Why does the hourglass icon keep popping up as I type or move the mouse? This
is annoying and and time consuming.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trevor Doyle Trevor Doyle is offline

Whenever there is an hour glass it means that windows is working on something.

If you are getting a continuous hour glass there can be a few problems that
are associated with it.

A.) Your computer may not have enough memory, "ram."
To fix this you can upgrade to whatever your motherboard and operating
system can support. If there isn't enough memory, the system can become
bogged down.

and or...

B.) An application is bogging your computer down. If you don't have much
memory to begin with but don't feel like upgrading, you can watch what
programs are running. Office 2007 is a power hog compared to the older
versions because of all the features. You can push ctrl + alt + delete to see
your task manager. Look at the processes tab and monitor to see what is
hogging all your resources. You may need to shut those programs down from
starting up with the system.

or

C.) If there was never a problem to begin with and it just started doing
this and your computer is running slower in general, you can have spyware or
a virus. Again I would check the task manager to see if there are suspicious
programs running or take it to your local computer repair person.