Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
random random is offline

Default Making what you type be blue

I don't understand why this feature is not already easily implemented. Maybe
it is...
You get a document that has a list like below in black.
fish

dog

tree

Your assignment is to write something under each item but you want what you
type to be in blue. Is there a way to do that? (And I am not asking about
typeing, then selecting, then making it blue. I want whatever I type no
matter where I type to be blue. The items in black must remain black.) How
many times do you get a list of questions from your instructor and you want
your answers in blue, italics, bold whatever???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One way to do it would be to activate the track changes feature and set the
font color for inserted text to blue and have the insertions marked by Color
only

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Random" wrote in message
I don't understand why this feature is not already easily implemented.
Maybe
it is...
You get a document that has a list like below in black.
fish

dog

tree

Your assignment is to write something under each item but you want what
you
type to be in blue. Is there a way to do that? (And I am not asking about
typeing, then selecting, then making it blue. I want whatever I type no
matter where I type to be blue. The items in black must remain black.) How
many times do you get a list of questions from your instructor and you
want
your answers in blue, italics, bold whatever???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
random random is offline

Thanks! I thought the answer would most likely involve tracked changes.
Didn't know I could do it the way you said. But I did and it works!
You said that is one way. Is that the best (only) way? Which is actually OK.

"Random" wrote in message
I don't understand why this feature is not already easily implemented.
Maybe
it is...
You get a document that has a list like below in black.
fish

dog

tree

Your assignment is to write something under each item but you want what
you
type to be in blue. Is there a way to do that? (And I am not asking about
typeing, then selecting, then making it blue. I want whatever I type no
matter where I type to be blue. The items in black must remain black.) How
many times do you get a list of questions from your instructor and you
want
your answers in blue, italics, bold whatever???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The other way would be to define a Style with the required formatting. With
that method however, you would have to apply the style to each paragraph
that you typed, whereas, with the Tracked Changes method, all you have to do
is switch on the Revision Tracking and automatically, everything that you
add to the document will be formatted in the way that inserted text is set
to be formatted.

--

"Random" wrote in message
I don't understand why this feature is not already easily implemented.
Maybe
it is...
You get a document that has a list like below in black.
fish

dog

tree

Your assignment is to write something under each item but you want what
you
type to be in blue. Is there a way to do that? (And I am not asking
about
typeing, then selecting, then making it blue. I want whatever I type no
matter where I type to be blue. The items in black must remain black.)
How
many times do you get a list of questions from your instructor and you
want
your answers in blue, italics, bold whatever???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But the Track Changes scheme won't work if you're _required_ to type
your answers in blue, because you can't control what color your
tracked changes will appear in on someone else's computer. If it's ok
for the teacher to see your answers in red or green or purple, then do
it as Track Changes.

(Or you could make a pdf with the tracked changes showing, and it
won't change colors when you send it on.)