Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RonL RonL is offline

Default Hyperlink to pdf document from Word 2007

Hi

I'm running Word 2007 on XP

If I have an existing pdf document on my computer and create a hyperlink to
this document, when trying to open it, it gives error message:
"No program is registered to open this file."

In the "Address:" box has "appa.pdf" and is in the same directory as the
Word document.

If I create a hyperlink to the original document on the web it will open it
okay.
In the "Address:" box it has "http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/aeo/pdf/appa.pdf"

In both cases from the Hyperlink edit box it has:
"Existing File or Web Page" and
"Current Folder"

Don't have problems linking to other Word documents, Excel or text document
that open in Notepad.

Not sure if this is related but in Windows explorer the pdf document
appa.pdf displays under the "Type" heading that it's an "OmniPage Image File"

Many thanks for any help as I've been searching/trying fixing this for a
while with no luck.

RonL