noellia

Default drawing a line I can type on later

I'm creating a form. I want it to have several "fill-in-the-blank" lines
(i.e., Name:_____________, Address ____________), but I want to be able to
save the form for multiple future uses, and be able to just go in & type text
on the lines without affecting the layout of the form as it was saved.

Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Krakmup

G'Day

The link that Jay refers, is very easy to follow, however, when you decide
on your method, try to envision the future use of your form, where someone
may want to create a data base based on the input from the user. I found
that when a data base is desired, using bookmarks within table cells is easy
to extract and collate data.

Just a thought.
Krakmup

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

noellia wrote:
I'm creating a form. I want it to have several "fill-in-the-blank"
lines (i.e., Name:_____________, Address ____________), but I want to
be able to save the form for multiple future uses, and be able to
just go in & type text on the lines without affecting the layout of
the form as it was saved.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

In news Anita L. Anita typed:
"noellia" wrote:

I'm creating a form. I want it to have several
"fill-in-the-blank" lines (i.e., Name:_____________,
Address ____________), but I want to be able to save the
form for multiple future uses, and be able to just go in &
type text on the lines without affecting the layout of the
form as it was saved.

It's not perfect, but you can use Underlined Text to fill in those blanks.
The underline will replace the overtyped undersxores. Unless you hit Insert
to switch to overtype mode it'll just move the underscores to the right as
you enter underlined words.
I usually leave such underscores off and just use the underlined font;
then you can't tell it's not an underscore.

HTH,

Twayne`
-
--
Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a