Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephen stephen is offline

Default Problem linking excel charts in word

I have linked an excel chart into a word document by pasting special as a
link. It looks fine when I paste it. I close the application and when I open
it again the chart is cut off on the left, and sometimes at the top. It's as
if the chart itself is off the edge of the frame it is sitting in. The chart
in excel is perfectly OK. I can edit the excel chart, and edits are updated
in the word document when links are updated, but it doesn't change the
position of teh chart, so it's still cutting off part of the chart. The chart
is on it's own sheet rather than being in another sheet. I can drag the chart
area in excel in order to make it fit in the word document. but even after
doing this it moves again in word, and if I keep going I wont have anywhere
left to drag it to.

What am i doing wrong and how can I solve this? Thanks