Raven

Default Word merge is giving me fits...

I have a form letter. After I merge the letter and save it, the merge fields
are in a different font than the rest of the letter. I have re-formatted and
saved the letter, and done the same to the original merge document and even
the data file. It doesn't matter how I save it, the damn font won't change.
Why? Please email me directly at ravencomeslaughing at hotmail.com, I don't
get to this page that often.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UmF2ZW4=?=,

I have a form letter. After I merge the letter and save it, the merge fields
are in a different font than the rest of the letter. I have re-formatted and
saved the letter, and done the same to the original merge document and even
the data file.

This can happen, and it's not always certain what the cause is. You can force
Word to respect the font formatting by adding the \* CharFormat switch to the
merge fields. Or, if the fields contain a \* MergeFormat switch, just removing
that can solve the problem.

Use Alt+F9 to toggle the field codes on and off. Here's a sample:
{ Mergefield LastName \* CharFormat }

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org