Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Johnny Dollar Johnny Dollar is offline

Default Autocorrect does not remain turned off

I am using Word 2002

I make a template with no Autocorrect feature turned on
in it and save it, and test it by creating new
documents based on that template and see that every
feature of that template is carried over. So far so
good. But I come back two days later and use the same
template to create a new documentwhen and see that
_ALL_ features of Autocorrect have misteriously
returned, hence another five minutes of checking all
those checkmarks off. This has happened so many times
and has become a time wasting feature of Word for me.
How can I make a template containing _no_ Autocorrect
features and keep it so for all time? Thanks in advance
for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Record the offending settings in a macro and add the code to both an
autoopen and an autonew macro in normal.dot - see