Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Saucer Man Saucer Man is offline

Default Defaulting Office 2007 "Create New Office Document" to .doc

I have the default document set .doc in Word. However, when I right-click
on the desktop and select New-Microsoft Office Word Document, it creates a
document in the .docx format. How can this be corrected?

--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

However you create a new document, that document is in Word's internal
format until it is saved, so the suggestion that it creates a 'docx' format
document instead of a 'doc' document doesn't make any sense.

Saucer Man wrote:
I have the default document set .doc in Word. However, when I
right-click on the desktop and select New-Microsoft Office Word
Document, it creates a document in the .docx format. How can this be
corrected?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
However you create a new document, that document is in Word's internal
format until it is saved, so the suggestion that it creates a 'docx'
format document instead of a 'doc' document doesn't make any sense.

It is saved immediately clicking in the .docx format.