Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Dave is offline

Default How do I hide the formatting symbols?

Greg, Thanks a million. I inadvertantly turned them on by fat-fingering
something and they were killing me. I couldn't figure out what I had done.
They're gone now and I'm sane. - Dave

"Greg" wrote:

CTRL+SHIFT+*

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Although you may not like them, when you really start creating complex
document, it is vital to see the non-printing characters or you won't be in
full control and may easily mess up your document. A simple example is that
if you copy and paste from one part of the document (or another document)
into the one you are editing, how do you know you have included a paragraph
mark or not: the difference can be disastrous.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Greg" wrote:

CTRL+SHIFT+*

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Julia - Medical Center of Marin Julia - Medical Center of Marin is offline

When I saw that answer - "CTRL - SHFT - *", tried it, and it worked, I was
the happiest person on earth. All of the instructions I could find (which
weren't many) referred to menu options that do not exist in Outlook 2007. So
apparently, the keystroke combination still works, but the functionality
isn't available by menu tree in Outlook, and as such, not in the help systems
for Outlook 2007 (maybe it's available in Word, I don't know, I wasn't using
Word so I didn't care!). THANK YOU. I'm sure it's on Microsoft's high
priority bug list, to be fixed soon, hahaha NOT.

"Greg" wrote:

CTRL+SHIFT+*

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Firstly, it isn't a bug and secondly, Outlook 2007 does NOT use Word as its
email editor. OL 2007 has its own email editor that looks like Word 2007,
has many of the features of Word 2007, but it isn't.

The tool for toggling the non-printing characters (ΒΆ) is on the Format Text
ribbon in Outlook 2007.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Julia - Medical Center of Marin" Julia - Medical Center of
news