Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Schaffer Daniel Schaffer is offline

Default Make title bar show path for file

Hi,

In Word 2003 (in WinXP Pro SP3) I would like the title bar to show the path
at which the document on which I'm working is located. Could someone explain
to me how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

One way is to click on Tools | Macro | Macros, add the following
line to your AutoOpen() macro:

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if you don't know
how to install a macro.

Another way is to click on Tools | Customize | Commands |
Categories: Web | Commands: Address. Drag the Address command to
your toolbar area. Click on Close. If you are prompted to save
changes to your Normal.dot global template when you exit Word,
say yes. Obviously, this method puts the path in the toolbar
area, not in the title bar at the top of the screen.

Daniel Schaffer wrote:

Hi,

In Word 2003 (in WinXP Pro SP3) I would like the title bar to show the path
at which the document on which I'm working is located. Could someone explain
to me how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

I'm using Word 2002. Is it different in Word 2002? Under Macros there is no
AutoOpen() macro but there is an "AutoExec" macro which has a lot of
content. Should I add
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
and if so, where?

Thanks.

Jeff

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Daniel Schaffer wrote:

Hi,

In Word 2003 (in WinXP Pro SP3) I would like the title bar to show the
path at which the document on which I'm working is located. Could someone
explain to me how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Schaffer Daniel Schaffer is offline

Many thanks. I found still another way at
http://www.ehow.com/how_2270494_disp...word-menu.html.

Good luck, Dan S

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Daniel Schaffer wrote:

Hi,

In Word 2003 (in WinXP Pro SP3) I would like the title bar to show the
path at which the document on which I'm working is located. Could someone
explain to me how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Same in Word 2002. If you don't have an AutoOpen() macro in
Normal.dot, then create one.

Daniel Schaffer wrote:

Hi,

In Word 2003 (in WinXP Pro SP3) I would like the title bar to show the
path at which the document on which I'm working is located. Could someone
explain to me how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Dan

Do you not READ the answers? Garfield-n-Oldie suggested this solution in his
very first reply to you. What's the point of asking questions if you don't
read the answers!

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Daniel Schaffer wrote:

Hi,

In Word 2003 (in WinXP Pro SP3) I would like the title bar to show the
path at which the document on which I'm working is located. Could
someone explain to me how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Schaffer Daniel Schaffer is offline

Hi Terry,

Quite right. Mea culpa.

Dan