Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ounbbl Ounbbl is offline

Default Missing buttons in tool bar

I have the office 2007 (home & student) installed again after my PC is
recovered and clean installation of Windows Vista.

Now I have in the Word several buttons (font related) missing on the tool
bar (one is a button to put words/characters in a rectangular box; another
one is putting a character into a circle). Where are these hiding?

I reinstalled Office from the original CD and then tried with the downloaded
file. The problem remains.

Thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure which commands you are referring to. If these are built-in
commands, you should be able to add them back to the Quick Access Toolbar
via Office button | Word Options, Customize category.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ounbbl" wrote in message
I have the office 2007 (home & student) installed again after my PC is
recovered and clean installation of Windows Vista.

Now I have in the Word several buttons (font related) missing on the tool
bar (one is a button to put words/characters in a rectangular box; another
one is putting a character into a circle). Where are these hiding?

I reinstalled Office from the original CD and then tried with the
downloaded
file. The problem remains.

Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Those items (and a few others) only appear in your Ribbon when you
have Chinese (or Japanese or Korean?) enabled in Windows -- go to
Start Control Panel Regional and Language Options and follow the
tabs and buttons for adding a Keyboard (not for adding a Language) for
one of those languages to your system.