Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default save my settings--Word 2003

Whenever I use the Office 2003 save my settings feature for my Word autotext
additions (moving them from one computer to another), somehow the wizard also
moves some old add-in files to the new computer that put items into startup
that cause problems. I have to search them out of the startup directory and
delete them one by one, by hand. Is there a way to get these old add-in
startup files permanently out of my Normal template for bothWord 2003
operations on both computers. permanently? thanks, JF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The old add-in files are not part of normal.dot. They are separate files
stored in the startup folder. Delete them from the startup folder before
running the wizard or if you simply want only the normal template, forget
the wizard and copy that template only to the other PC.