Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marain Marain is offline

Default How do I center the title of a document?

In Microsoft Office Word, I could just click in the center of the line and
type, and the title of my document would be centered automatically as I
typed. I can't seem to do this is Office Word 2007. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeB[_2_] MikeB[_2_] is offline

On Mar 29, 3:54*pm, Marain wrote:
In Microsoft Office Word, I could just click in the center of the line and
type, and the title of my document would be centered automatically as I
typed. *I can't seem to do this is Office Word 2007. *Please help.

There is a little icon on the taskbar or ribbon) - the Main part of it
that shos centered text. Just put your cursor on the title and click
that.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You previously had Click and Type enabled. Although this feature is still
available (Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Editing options), you
would be better served to learn to use Ctrl+E or the Center button on the
Ribbon.

http://word.mvps.org

"Marain" wrote in message
In Microsoft Office Word, I could just click in the center of the line and
type, and the title of my document would be centered automatically as I
typed. I can't seem to do this is Office Word 2007. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That's 'click and type', a feature from hell that fills the page with blank
paragraphs! If you have to use this, it is an option under Word Options,
Advanced tab.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP