Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Default Way to get Word to go back to 100% zoom when maximized

I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a
Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when
the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can
view another doc on the other side of the screen).

When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at
75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset
the zoom setting, when a document is maximized?

I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm
just wondering if this can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As far as I know, doing what you want requires a macro.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On May 21, 11:46 am, PRR wrote:
I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a
Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when
the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can
view another doc on the other side of the screen).

When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at
75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset
the zoom setting, when a document is maximized?

I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm
just wondering if this can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Hmmm I'll try to record one, and both maximize Word and change the
view setting to 100%. I'll see if that works---or were you talking
about code here?

On May 21, 11:46 am, PRR wrote:

I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a
Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when
the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can
view another doc on the other side of the screen).

When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at
75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset
the zoom setting, when a document is maximized?

I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm
just wondering if this can be done. - Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Thanks. It appears to work regardless of the view setting that is
lower than 100%. I run the macro and the window is maximized, along
with the zoom setting reset to 100%. Thanks. I wouldn't have thought
that a macro could do this, but then again....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Something like this can be used:

Sub ZoomAndMaximize()
ActiveWindow.WindowState = wdWindowStateMaximize
ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End Sub

Attach the macro to a toolbar button; see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On May 21, 11:46 am, PRR wrote:
I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a
Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when
the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can
view another doc on the other side of the screen).

When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at
75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset
the zoom setting, when a document is maximized?

I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm
just wondering if this can be done.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PRR" wrote in message
Thanks. It appears to work regardless of the view setting that is
lower than 100%. I run the macro and the window is maximized, along
with the zoom setting reset to 100%. Thanks. I wouldn't have thought
that a macro could do this, but then again....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom