Dab

Default Help - Headers - linking to previous headers not working properly

Hi:

Hoping that someone can help with this.

I have a document with several sections. All the headers are linked to the
headers in previous sections, but on some of the sections (which are linked)
headers are not showing up. The all indicate: 'Same as Previous', but
there's no header there, the next section indicates 'Same as previous' and
the header is there. What gives?

Thanks for any suggestions.

PS: I don't have the document set to Odd/ Even pages.

Office 2003.
--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

Dab

Hi Sue:

Thanks for your note.

I'm not sure. How would I know?

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Do you have any (multi-column, e.g.) sections trapped in the middle of a
page (no header or footer)?

so
all may benefit.

"Dab" wrote in message
Hi:

Hoping that someone can help with this.

I have a document with several sections. All the headers are linked to

the
headers in previous sections, but on some of the sections (which are

linked)
headers are not showing up. The all indicate: 'Same as Previous', but
there's no header there, the next section indicates 'Same as previous'
and
the header is there. What gives?

Thanks for any suggestions.

PS: I don't have the document set to Odd/ Even pages.

Office 2003.
--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

In Normal view, you can see section breaks fairly easily. You can also use
the browse arrows (bottom of the vertical scroll bar) to Browse by Section.
If you find places where there are Continuous breaks in the middle of the
page, this is where I'd look for the problem.

Or, when you are using Show Next or Show Previous on the Header and Footer
toolbar, note whether any section numbers are skipped.

"Dab" wrote in message
Hi Sue:

Thanks for your note.

I'm not sure. How would I know?

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Do you have any (multi-column, e.g.) sections trapped in the middle of a
page (no header or footer)?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.