Karen

Default Table Issues

I used the "draw table" option to draw the outline of a
table. Then I did the same to draw a table to the right
of that table. Only one problem, the two tables are not
separate. I don't want them to touch. How can I draw
two tables next to each other so they are their own
entity? When I draw the second table far enough away, it
still creates a column in between without the grid lines -
therefore linking the tables. I want to be able to
change the row height or column width in one table and
not allow it to be changed in the table next to it.

HELP!
Word Heretic

G'day "Karen" ,

Create ONE table. Make the 'middle' column with no borders. Looks like
two tables, smells like two tables - HELL - it must be two tables ;-)

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Karen reckoned:

I used the "draw table" option to draw the outline of a
table. Then I did the same to draw a table to the right
of that table. Only one problem, the two tables are not
separate. I don't want them to touch. How can I draw
two tables next to each other so they are their own
entity? When I draw the second table far enough away, it
still creates a column in between without the grid lines -
therefore linking the tables. I want to be able to
change the row height or column width in one table and
not allow it to be changed in the table next to it.

HELP!

Karen

Thank you for your help - Only problem with doing that is
that when I change the row height in one table, it
changes the row height in the other table. I want them
to be separate.
Any other suggestions?
Create ONE table. Make the 'middle' column with no

borders. Looks like
two tables, smells like two tables - HELL - it must be

two tables ;-)

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

steve from wordheretic.com (Email replies require

payment)
Without prejudice

Karen reckoned:

I used the "draw table" option to draw the outline of a
table. Then I did the same to draw a table to the

right
of that table. Only one problem, the two tables are

not
separate. I don't want them to touch. How can I draw
two tables next to each other so they are their own
entity? When I draw the second table far enough away,

it
still creates a column in between without the grid

lines -
therefore linking the tables. I want to be able to
change the row height or column width in one table and
not allow it to be changed in the table next to it.

HELP!

.

Karen

Thank you VERY much
One of the tables could be wrapped, but I generally find

it is easier to
create a two-column section with a table in each column.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups

to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

.. .