Uruguayo

Default word2003 and Outlook

I can only reply to one or two emails from Outlook before winword gets
non-responsive. The process hangs and I cannot kill it via the task manager.
My machine will not shut down at that point either unless I kill the power. I
have already disabled the Norton plug in and don't know what else to try. Any
ideas? Thanks
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm followed by
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

I would also suggest that you use Outlook's own e-mail editor. It is quite
up to the job and prevents conflicts with Word.

Uruguayo wrote:
I can only reply to one or two emails from Outlook before winword gets
non-responsive. The process hangs and I cannot kill it via the task
manager. My machine will not shut down at that point either unless I
kill the power. I have already disabled the Norton plug in and don't
know what else to try. Any ideas? Thanks

Uruguayo

Thanks for the feedback; after trying many of these things and still having
the problem, I found the solution (I hope) by going into
toos-Options..-Other-Advanced Options...-Add-In Manager and unselecting
Exchange Extensions property pages and Fax Server Extension. I don't konw
which one caused the problem (or even if this the reason for the problem) but
after doing so I have not had any more problems.