Emily Sue

Default Pop-up on 'save' about required form fields

Is there a way, perhaps a built-in macro, to alert users who are saving a
form/template they have filled-out that there are required fields they have
not completed?
Graham Mayor

You can validate fields as you complete them - see
http://www.gmayor.com/formfieldmacros.htm

Emily Sue wrote:
Is there a way, perhaps a built-in macro, to alert users who are
saving a form/template they have filled-out that there are required
fields they have not completed?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Worsty

Graham: I just read this post. I'd like to do something similar. I have a
word 2003 form with 10 rows. Each row has 4 checkboxes. I have a command
button at the bottom of the 10 rows that when you click runs a macro to
tabulate a score. What I want to do is to somehow not allow a user to choose
more than 1 checkbox per row. An example is below

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
Ineffective (cb) (cb) (cb)
(cb)

Calculate Button

Can we do this?

Emily Sue wrote:
Is there a way, perhaps a built-in macro, to alert users who are
saving a form/template they have filled-out that there are required
fields they have not completed?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Making groups of Check Box Form Fields mutually exclusive
(so that they behave like radio buttons)" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...FmFldChbxs.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Emily Sue wrote:
Is there a way, perhaps a built-in macro, to alert users who are
saving a form/template they have filled-out that there are required
fields they have not completed?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
trilliums zjik discussions trilliums zjik discussions is offline

The article seems to be exactly what I need, but I do not understand how to
select Format + Frame after selecting the Frame (3rd para). I'd really
appreciate if someone would explain how I proceed with this.
--
Gratefully,
trillium