Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tr711

Default Table of contents

Hi,
I have a question about microsoft word. What I would like to do, is
create a table of contents, and from there, beable to click on one of the
subjects in the table of contents and have it put the information after the
table of contents. Right now, I have a table of contents that looks like this:

1.) Subject 1
2.) Subject 2
3.) Subject 3 (When Clicked)
The information from this section of the table of contents displays
here and not underneath the remainder of the table of contents.
4.) Subject 4
5.) Subject 5

I want the information displayed when you click on the subject in the
table of contents to be displayed after the remainder of the table of
contents, so I can click a certain amount of subjects, and have them all
displayed one after another below the table of contents and not in the middle.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Have you considered just using the Document Map (ViewDocument Map)?

Based on the use fo Styles it does just what you are describing & more -
automatically. Find more about it in Word Help.

HTH |:)

"tr711" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

If you want the equivalent of clickable expandable triangles, rather like
you might see in Help or on the web, Word doesn't really offer that as a
feature for finished documents.

You can achieve a similiar effect by using the Document Map, as CyberTaz
said, or by using Outline View, assuming your document is set up using
styles.
http://shaunakelly.com/word/documentmap/index.html
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingOLView.htm

If you want others to be able to do the same thing, without telling them how
to change their view options in Word, see the instructions for faking it
he
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tr711

Yes I am aware of that, what I want to do is condense each part to the title
it corresponds to in the TOC. Then I want to beable to click on the title in
the TOC and have it display the information below the rest of the table of
contense.

"tr711" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Look into Outline View.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In addition to what CyberTaz and Daiya have suggested, are you aware that
TOC entries are clickable and will take you to the referenced sections?

so
all may benefit.

"tr711" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, you should by now, from the variety of responses suggesting another
approach, have gathered that there is no way to do this in Word.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In addition to what CyberTaz and Daiya have suggested, are you aware

that
TOC entries are clickable and will take you to the referenced sections?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.