Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
FGOMEZ

Default Template for Fax

This may not be the right place, but I do not know where to go.
Happen that I am creating a template for a Company Fax, Including the logo
on the header and address on the footer, but I would like to have as a
template that when I open a new document, I cna choose my customized fax.
Could somebody tell me how do I create this.

Thanks

Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When you customize the fax template that comes with Word, you can save your
customization as a template. There are two ways to do this:

1. If you create a new document based on the template, you can save it as a
template by choosing "Document Template" as the file type in the Save As
dialog. Word will automatically save your template in the root Templates
folder, and it will appear on the General tab of the New dialog.

2. It is preferable, however, to create a new template based on the
template, by choosing the Template radio button in the New dialog. When you
save this, it will automatically be saved in the Templates folder.

The reason (2) is preferable is that your new template will contain the
macros and AutoText entries used for the clickable check boxes. If you
create a document and save as a template, it won't, and the check boxes will
not work.

If you want your fax template to appear on the Letters & Faxes tab of the
New dialog, then you will need to create a subfolder of the Templates folder
named Letters & Faxes and save your template there.

"FGOMEZ" wrote in message
This may not be the right place, but I do not know where to go.
Happen that I am creating a template for a Company Fax, Including the logo
on the header and address on the footer, but I would like to have as a
template that when I open a new document, I cna choose my customized fax.
Could somebody tell me how do I create this.

Thanks

Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Suzanne has given you a comprehensive answer to your question.

You may want to take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other
document where you want one header on the first page and a different header
on other pages. http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives
step-by-step instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 11:29 PM
Hyperlink to bring up a template form EdYoung111 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 2nd 05 08:08 PM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
MS Word should support inheritence with regard to templates Ian Microsoft Word Help 3 October 6th 05 05:21 PM
CPU Usage When Working with Templates you created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 21st 05 11:57 PM