Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NewTOSite NewTOSite is offline

Default Word merges every other record from and Excel data file.

I am trying to create a simple directory that has org name, web site, company
description, ect. The data is in an excel file (we use Windows XP). Every
time I do this is merges every other record and to get all of the records in
the file to merge you have to do 15 merges. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Do you have any Next record ( i.e. { NEXT } ) fields in your mail merge
main document? If so, you probably have one more than you need. If you only
have one, remove it. if you have more than one, you probably have one at the
beginning or end of your document - remove that one.]

Also, are you actually "completeling the merge", i.e. actually performing to
the merge to produce a new document?

Peter Jamieson

"NewTOSite" wrote in message
I am trying to create a simple directory that has org name, web site,
company
description, ect. The data is in an excel file (we use Windows XP).
Every
time I do this is merges every other record and to get all of the records
in
the file to merge you have to do 15 merges. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

"NewTOSite" wrote:

I am trying to create a simple directory that has org name, web site, company
description, ect. The data is in an excel file (we use Windows XP). Every
time I do this is merges every other record and to get all of the records in
the file to merge you have to do 15 merges. Help!

That worked!! Thank you.