Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Betty Betty is offline

Default Mail Merge Date Format

In Word 2003, I am inserting a date of birth from Access, but the date
printed in the word document is yyyy,MM,dd w/ time info (which time info is
not in the Access data base). I want M/d/yyyy, which is the way it shows and
prints out in Access. I can't figure out how to add the field switch with the
DOB merge field to get the desired result.
--
betty
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Toggle the field display (ALT+F9) and you will see something like
{Mergefield fieldname }
Change that to
{ Mergefield fieldname \@ "M/d/yyyy" }
Press F9 to update then toggle back again.

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm