Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
last card lou last card lou is offline

Default why doesn't shading in table not fill all cells?

some cells in the table are correctly filled in but others have a white area
at the bottom of the cell. how do I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"last card lou" wrote:
some cells in the table are correctly filled in but others have
a white area at the bottom of the cell. how do I fix this?

You've accidentally applied the shading either to the text in the cell, or
to the paragraph, but not to the cell itself.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
last card lou last card lou is offline

I had tried applying shading to the cell, but the problem still occurred. In
the end I was able to fix it by inserting new rows and shading them, then
transferring the wording from the incomletely shaded cells, then deleting
them.
"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"last card lou" wrote:
some cells in the table are correctly filled in but others have
a white area at the bottom of the cell. how do I fix this?

You've accidentally applied the shading either to the text in the cell, or
to the paragraph, but not to the cell itself.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
12 12 is offline

Klaus,

I've tried your suggestion, and that is not any of the case. The shading is
applied to the cell itself, I've even tried the other 3 options in the list,
and they all come out the way they're supposed to except for the "cell"
option. No mean to disrespect, but either Word has a bug or no one has
figured this one out yet, because everybody who has come to this forum for
help, all get the same reply, but not the correct reply. And the only work
around so far, is to create a new row and move your data to the new row; no
REAL SOLUTION.

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"last card lou" wrote:
some cells in the table are correctly filled in but others have
a white area at the bottom of the cell. how do I fix this?

You've accidentally applied the shading either to the text in the cell, or
to the paragraph, but not to the cell itself.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Hi,

Thanks for the sample. Some of the cells in the row have top and bottom
padding of 0.13 cm (Table Properties Cell Options... those which are
completely gray), some don't (those that show the white borders).

It doesn't look like a bug: Word does what it's told g

Perhaps apply a table style and do the formatting from scratch?

Regards,
Klaus

"12" wrote:
Ok, I sent a sample table. In General, its an empty table, except to lable
2
of the cells: one with perfect shading and another with the partial
shading.

12

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

You could mail me a sample doc to

If it's a bug, I have never seen it before. Maybe you have applied text
or
paragraph shading on top of the cell shading?

Klaus

table fill color John B Tables 2 March 23rd 21 07:55 PM
Shading in Table Cells (Word 2002) Diana Microsoft Word Help 4 August 28th 06 06:48 PM
Select table column selects misaligned cells Robert Tables 1 March 22nd 06 11:38 PM
Document Styles should be assignable to fonts in Table AutoFormat Natasha A. Tables 5 November 11th 05 06:49 PM
Formula in table - Creating a final total from sub-total cells Anne Gilmour Tables 1 November 7th 04 05:14 AM