Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pipska Pipska is offline

Default text disappears from excel spreadsheet when merged to word table

I have an excel spreadsheet which holds comments in cells of varying length.
On a weekly basis I merge this information into a Word document which
contains a table. Sometimes, not always, the text is limited to 255
characters and therefore misses the rest of the comments, but sometimes it
does not and all the words are there. Can I control this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk57 Henk57 is offline

Pipska Wrote:
I have an excel spreadsheet which holds comments in cells of varying
length.
On a weekly basis I merge this information into a Word document which
contains a table. Sometimes, not always, the text is limited to 255
characters and therefore misses the rest of the comments, but sometimes
it
does not and all the words are there. Can I control this?

Excel can max contain 255 characters in a cell (incl. spaces), so to
overcome either you shd use more cells or use abbreviations where
appropriate. Excel 2007 will allow more characters, I believe. HTH,
Henk

--
Henk57