Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Default Tables in WRD 2003

Hi

I've got a very long table with several columns and 100 or more rows. The
table borders are a solid line now but I want to get rid of the borders
altogether.

Is there a way I can do this with a couple of clicks rather than having to
click on each and every line?
--
Jackie D
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BruceM BruceM is offline

If I understand the situation, you could select the whole table and
eliminate the border between rows (the middle horizontal line in the border
dialog).

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I've got a very long table with several columns and 100 or more rows. The
table borders are a solid line now but I want to get rid of the borders
altogether.

Is there a way I can do this with a couple of clicks rather than having to
click on each and every line?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To remove all borders: Select the whole table, for example, by
pressing Alt+5 (use the 5 on the numeric keypad) with NUMLOCK turned
off. Then, on the Format menu, click Borders and Shading. Click the
"None" option. Make sure that "Apply to" is set to "Table," and click
OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I've got a very long table with several columns and 100 or more

rows. The
table borders are a solid line now but I want to get rid of the

borders
altogether.

Is there a way I can do this with a couple of clicks rather than

having to
click on each and every line?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Thank you. That was easy!
--
Jackie D

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I've got a very long table with several columns and 100 or more

rows. The
table borders are a solid line now but I want to get rid of the

borders
altogether.

Is there a way I can do this with a couple of clicks rather than

having to
click on each and every line?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Even easier. Place the selection in the table and then hold down the Ctrl
and the Alt keys and press u.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Thank you. That was easy!
--
Jackie D

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I've got a very long table with several columns and 100 or more

rows. The
table borders are a solid line now but I want to get rid of the

borders
altogether.

Is there a way I can do this with a couple of clicks rather than

having to
click on each and every line?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good point. But Ctrl+Alt+u won't work if the borders were applied as
an AutoFormat or a table style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Even easier. Place the selection in the table and then hold down

the Ctrl
and the Alt keys and press u.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Thank you. That was easy!
--
Jackie D

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I've got a very long table with several columns and 100 or more
rows. The
table borders are a solid line now but I want to get rid of the
borders
altogether.

Is there a way I can do this with a couple of clicks rather

than
having to
click on each and every line?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

My mistake! It does work in Word 2003, even with a table
AutoFormat/style applied.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Good point. But Ctrl+Alt+u won't work if the borders were applied as
an AutoFormat or a table style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Even easier. Place the selection in the table and then hold down

the Ctrl
and the Alt keys and press u.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Thank you. That was easy!
--
Jackie D

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I've got a very long table with several columns and 100 or

more
rows. The
table borders are a solid line now but I want to get rid of

the
borders
altogether.

Is there a way I can do this with a couple of clicks rather

than
having to
click on each and every line?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I thought so but wasn't going to argue with you since I never use table
styles/AutoFormats. g

[...]

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Thank you. That was easy!
--
Jackie D

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I've got a very long table with several columns and 100 or

more
rows. The
table borders are a solid line now but I want to get rid of

the
borders
altogether.

Is there a way I can do this with a couple of clicks rather

than
having to
click on each and every line?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I avoid them too. My comment was based on a quick test in Word 2000
(where the shortcut does not clear the AutoFormat, but it does clear
the default simple borders applied to a table created without
selecting an AutoFormat).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I thought so but wasn't going to argue with you since I never use

table
styles/AutoFormats. g

newsgroup so
all may benefit.